AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Welder to join our team in Beloit, KS. The welders are responsible for welding in the following areas of the plant: Small Parts, Frames, Robotic, Lift Cell, and Research & Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- The employee is responsible for reading, interpreting and performing welding techniques to fabricate parts to be used in the manufacturing of product. This includes possessing basic mechanical knowledge and use of hand tools; following instruction on how to load jigs, and weld small parts.
- The employee is responsible for keeping tools and equipment in good working order.
- Robotics requires the employee to be competent in welding as well as ability to utilize computer based software operating the robotic machine.
- The employee must be competent in use of all measuring tools used by AGCO welding department.
- The employee is responsible for use of cutting equipment as deemed necessary and understanding hard welding.
- The employee must maintain proper product counts and report them as required in a timely manner.
- Employee is responsible for any re-work or corrections as necessary to ensure a product meets specifications.
- Employee must be willing to be moved to another area of the plant as needed for productivity objectives.
- Must be able to complete paper work that ensures good communication skills, both written and through reports.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Applicants must demonstrate competence in welding skills prior to job hire. Post hire testing is required.
- Good organization skills, ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Basic math skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, showing motivation, organization and accountability.
- Function as part of a team, both direct and cross-functional.
- Strong work ethic and able to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Available to work extended hours as required
Other Requirements & Work Environment:
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be, an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this job. This job description is intended as an accurate reflection of principal job requirements and working conditions. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short-term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
AGCO works tirelessly to help make today's farms more productive and more profitable. As the world of agriculture changes, so do we. Brazenly. We do it for the farmers. For the people working for them. For ourselves. For the future. At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of approximately 3,000 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 26th year in business and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages. Our collection of brands is a large part of what makes AGCO so unique. Our brands are powerful and modern. They're well-known brands like Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra. They are the ones that the world looks to each and every day.
- Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE): Steel-toed boots, protective eyewear, hearing protection, welders mask/shield, welding sleeves, and hand protection.
- Ability to use pliers and hand tools
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It’s time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nearest Major Market: Salina
Nearest Secondary Market: McPherson
Job Segment: Welding, Agricultural, Testing, Machinist, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Research, Technology